You may not know that taking in good quality olive oil can be beneficial to your inside and outward health. Now you know.
Olive oil has moisturizing effects and has the ability to protect the skin. Extra Virgin olive oil contains oleic acid which can aid in hydrating the skin and maintaining its smoothness. Olive oil can protect the skin from several harms from free radicals because it is enriched with antioxidants. It can equally bring soothing effects to skin harmed by irritants because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Table of Contents
Olive oil can aid in combating lines and wrinkles on the face, making it look youthful and bright. To get the best of olive oil, you should:
- Go for cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil,
- Keep it in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Use it on your skin in the right way and places.
- Olive oil is beneficial to both the skin and hair alike. It sits well with skin prone to acne because it will not clog the pores, and this is due to it being non-comedogenic.
Benefits of extra virgin olive oil
- It combats the ageing of the skin because it contains high levels of polyphenols.
- It prevents wrinkles from showing up on the skin, nourishing and rejuvenating the skin.
- It is a great moisturizer for the skin.
- It takes away impurities from the skin when used as a makeup remover, without eliminating the natural oils present in the skin.
- Extra Virgin olive oil brings back and maintains the youthfulness of the skin because of the presence of vitamin A and vitamin E.
- It prevents oxidation because it works as an antioxidant, preventing the production of free radicals which have the ability to cause harm to the skin.
You May Like: Improve Your Beauty Care Routine With These 5 DIY Beauty Tips
Ways You Can Use Olive Oil for the Skin
- It can be used as a makeup remover. To do this, use cotton wool, get some olive oil on it, and gently clean off makeup. After this, you can proceed with washing your face with mild soap and warm water. Follow up with cool water to close up your pores.
- Olive oil can be applied on the skin after exposure to the sun which has UV rays that can harm the skin when overly exposed to it.
- You can add drops of olive oil to your water and bath with it and be sure of smooth and radiant skin.
- You can massage your body and face with olive after taking your bath, or you can add it to your body cream.
- You can exfoliate with olive oil. You can achieve this by mixing olive oil with sea salt. This should be used all over the body.
- You can make a facemask of olive oil, and form a paste with egg white, honey, and olive oil. Apply this on your face and leave it on for as long as you’d leave a normal face mask. Wash off with warm water and follow with a splash of cool water.
- Olive oil can be used as a home remedy for stretch marks. You can simply massage the areas you have these marks with olive oil. This will help in healing the affected areas with continuous application.
Olive oil has amazing properties that can rejuvenate the skin, leaving it soft and smooth. It is friendly to the skin and has absolutely no side effects. You can use extra virgin olive oil on the skin when at home after a bath and feel refreshed and youthful.