Travelling around the world and tasting different delicacies is one thing that everyone should explore before they leave Earth, especially as it adds to our experiences.
Coconut Curried Sweet potato-Chickpea stew is the perfect blend of West African and Indian cuisine. Anytime you go to the Maldives, make sure to try out this delicacy but it will be more than perfect if you bring the Maldives to you.
- Sweet potatoes
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 large onion (Chopped)
- Tomatoes (Diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 Red chilli (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Grated)
- ½ tbsp dried spices: Turmeric, cinnamon, ground cloves
- ½ cup Parsley (Chopped)
- In a large frying pan, heat up your cooking oil on medium heat, add onion and fry while stirring for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger to the onion with ½ tbsp of each dried spice. Stir thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- Pour the chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk and diced sweet potatoes into the mix. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, while stirring occasionally. After 20 minutes (while simmering), add the remaining dried spices and salt.
- Pour the chopped parsley and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.