GlamCityzGlamCityzGlamCityz
Font ResizerAa
  • Fashion
    • Ankara
    • LookBook
  • Beauty
  • Style
  • Wellness
  • Lifestyle
  • Weddings
    • Asoebi
    • Owambe
Reading: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Rejects Vin Diesel’s Invite to Return For Fast & Furious 10
Share
GlamCityzGlamCityz
Font ResizerAa
  • Fashion
  • Style
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Weddings
  • GlamTalks
  • Owambe is Online
Search
  • Fashion
  • Style
  • News
  • Beauty
  • Weddings
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 GlamCityz. All Rights Reserved. A Hervance Media Brand
MoviesNews

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Rejects Vin Diesel’s Invite to Return For Fast & Furious 10

Ben Orange
Last updated: December 30, 2021 10:12 pm
By
Ben Orange
ByBen Orange
Ben Orange is a stylist and senior fashion editor at Glamcityz, covering everything from fashion trends to weddings. With a sharp eye for style, he keeps...
Follow:
Share
3 Min Read
tmp 5Gn2km 30c0d7651660e74f MCDFAFI EC003

Well, it looks like we can kiss all hopes of Dwayne Johnson aka ‘The Rock‘ potentially returning to the Fast & Furious franchise goodbye. After buzz surrounding Johnson’s absence from F9, which premiered earlier this year, series star Vin Diesel took a drastic approach to bait his former costar/rival into getting back on the Fast & Furious track with an Instagram post he shared back in November.

View this post on Instagram

“My little brother Dwayne . . . the time has come,” Diesel wrote in a caption, along with a throwback photo of the two from Fast Five. He added: “I say this out of love . . . but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play. . . . I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.” To add to his plea to Johnson, Diesel also mentioned his children in his post as well as a commitment to fulfilling his “promise to Pablo,” likely a reference to Paul Walker, who passed away in 2013.

Johnson previously told The Hollywood Reporter that he wished all his former costars “best of luck on Fast 10 and Fast 11 and the rest of the Fast & Furious movies they do that will be without me.” But fans of the film franchise still hoped that Johnson would reconsider his stance after Diesel’s public invitation. However, in a new interview with CNN, Johnson slammed Diesel’s new comments and stated that he has no interest in returning to the movie series.

“I was very surprised by Vin’s recent post,” he told the outlet. “This past June, when Vin and I actually connected not over social media, I told him directly — and privately — that I would not be returning to the franchise. I was firm yet cordial with my words and said that I would always be supportive of the cast and always root for the franchise to be successful, but that there was no chance I would return.”

- Advertisement -

He went on to say Diesel’s public post was “an example of his manipulation” and criticized him for bringing up his children and Walker’s death. Johnson also said the two had already come to a “clear understanding” about his decision to end his Fast & Furious journey with “gratitude and grace.” “It’s unfortunate that this public dialogue has muddied the waters,” he continued in his interview. “Regardless, I’m confident in the Fast universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience, and I truly wish my former co-stars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter.”

Read More

Bukayo Saka & Tolami Benson
Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Confirms Engagement to Tolami Benson With Elegant Photos
Beauty Entrepreneur Pearl Ubani Wins The Next Titan Nigeria Season 10, Takes Home N40 Million
GlamCityz Daily Scoop: SZA Feeds 1,400 Families, Wizkid’s Son Drops Debut EP, & Ronaldo Announces Last World Cup
Nigeria Launches Fashion Federation to Strengthen Continental Ties
Jonathan Bailey Crowned People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive 2025
TAGGED:Dwayne JohnsonMoviesNewsVin Diesel
Share This Article
Facebook Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
Share
Avatar of Ben Orange
ByBen Orange
Follow:
Ben Orange is a stylist and senior fashion editor at Glamcityz, covering everything from fashion trends to weddings. With a sharp eye for style, he keeps readers inspired and in tune with what’s next.

Popular Post

833420274
Akin Faminu Wins EMY Africa Man of the Year Style 2025 With a Power Look That Commands Attention
Fashion
Owambe is Online Issue 48
Owambe Is Online — Issue 48: These Asoebi Styles Are Hotter Than a Bride’s Phone on Her Wedding Morning
Owambe is Online
Live Collage 20251121131227969
Own Every Moment With These Stylish, Chic and Stunning Outfits Made for Premium Social Occasions
Style
1765466138
You Got a Brown Aso Ebi? Transform It with These Gorgeous and Trendy Styles
Fashion
368443859
This Standout Denim Style Look Serves Fresh Glam and Unmatched Cool
Style

GLAMCITYZ RECOMMENDS

Tinubu and TikTok
News

FG to Regulate TikTok Content, Says Platform Should Focus on Skills Over Entertainment

GlamCityz
GlamCityz
2 Min Read
LOreal
Beauty

L’Oreal Is Buying Kering’s Beauty Brands for $4.6 Billion — Including Creed and Gucci Fragrances

Ben Orange
Ben Orange
2 Min Read
Fuel Queues Resurface in Lagos Amid Filling Stations Stock Shortage
News

NNPC Increases Petrol Price Again — Now N992 Per Litre

GlamCityz
GlamCityz
2 Min Read
GlamCityzGlamCityz
Follow US
© 2025 GlamCityz. All rights reserved. A Hervance Media brand.
GlamCityz retains all rights to the content on this site. Any use without prior written consent is prohibited.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms & Conditions
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?